Advanced Resources’ COMET3™ reservoir simulator for gas shale, shale oil, and coalbed methane (CBM) reservoirs was the first of its kind in the marketplace, the initial version having been developed in the early 1980’s when both resources combined contributed less than 1% to U.S. gas supply. Since then it has remained the industry-standard reservoir simulator for these reservoir types. Advanced technical features include:
- A triple-porosity/dual-permeability option for certain gas shale, tight oil, and coalbed methane (CBM) reservoirs
- Multi-component sorption for enhanced coalbed methane (ECBM) recovery and carbon sequestration (CO2 sequestration) applications
- A robust permeability model capable of modeling stress sensitivity
For additional literature on COMET3™ as well as technical papers describing the model theories, and model testing and benchmarking studies and the brochure, please follow links on this page. For more information about COMET3™, please contact Anne Oudinot by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pekot, L.J., and Reeves, S.R.: "Modeling the Effects of Matrix Shrinkage and Differential Swelling on Coalbed Methane Recovery and Carbon Sequestration", Paper 0328, Proceedings of the International Coalbed Methane Symposium, Tuscaloosa, Alabama May 5-7, 2003. Download here.
- Reeves, S.R., and Pekot, L.J.: “Advanced Reservoir Modeling In Desorption-Controlled Reservoirs”, SPE 71090, Proceedings of the SPE Rocky Mountain Petroleum Technology Conference, Keystone, May 21-23, 2001. (This paper also presented as Paper 0127 at the International Coalbed Methane Symposium, Tuscaloosa, May 14-16, 2001, and the International Gas Research Conference, Amsterdam, November 5-8, 2001). Available at https://www.onepetro.org/conference-paper/SPE-71090-MS.
- Sawyer, W.K., Paul, G.W., Schraufnagel, R.A.: “Development and Application of a 3D Coalbed Simulator”, CIM/SPE 90-119, presented at the CIM/SPE International Technical Conference, Calgary, June 10-13, 1990. https://www.onepetro.org/conference-paper/PETSOC-90-119.
- Law, D. H.-S., van der Meer, L. G. H., Gunter, W. D.: “Comparison of Numerical Simulators for Greenhouse Gas Storage in Coalbeds, Part IV; History Match of Field Micro-Pilot Test Data”, prepared for the 7th International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies, Vancouver BC, Canada, September 5-9, 2004. http://www.ghgt.info/index.php/Content-GHGT9/past-conferences.html
- Law, D. H.-S., van der Meer, L. G. H., Gunter, W. D.: “Comparison of Numerical Simulators for Greenhouse Gas Sequestration in Coalbeds, Part III: More Complex Problems”, prepared for the 2nd Annual DOE Conference on Carbon Sequestration, Alexandria, Virginia, May 5-8, 2003. Available at http://www.netl.doe.gov/publications/proceedings/03/carbon-seq/PDFS/128.pdf
- Law, D. H.-S., van der Meer, L. G. H., Gunter, W. D.: “Comparison of Numerical Simulators for Greenhouse Gas Storage in Coal Beds, Part II: Flue Gas Injection”, prepared for the 6th Annual Conference on Greenhouse Gas Coalbed Technologies, Kyoto, Japan, October 1-4, 2002. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780080442761500908
- Law, D. H.-S., van der Meer, L. G. H., Gunter, W. D.; “Numerical Simulator Comparison Study for Enhanced Coalbed Methane Recovery Processes, Part I: Pure Carbon Dioxide Injection”, SPE 75669, prepared for presentation that the SPE Gas Technology Symposium, Alberta, Canada, April 30 – May 2, 2002. Available at https://www.onepetro.org/conference-paper/SPE-75669-MS.
- Paul, G. W., Sawyer, W. K., Dean, R. H.; “Validation of 3D Coalbed Simulators”, SPE 20733, prepared for presentation at the 65th Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition of the Society of Petroleum Engineers, New Orleans, Louisiana, September, 23-26, 1990. Available at https://www.onepetro.org/conference-paper/SPE-20733-MS.
- Enhanced Gas Recovery and CO2 Storage in Coal Bed Methane Reservoirs: Optimized Injected Gas Composition for Mature Basins of Various Coal Rank, Karine Schepers, SPE; Anne Oudinot, SPE; Advanced Resources International, Inc.; Nino Ripepi, SPE; Virginia Center for Coal and Energy Research 2010 SPE-139723-MS ,SPE Conference Paper. Available at https://www.onepetro.org/conference-paper/SPE-139723-MS